Halloween is in the air. It’s time to think about pumpkins. Pumpkin bread is delish. Pumpkin seeds are one of my favorites. There must be a way to make pumpkin challah. I did a little research online, and there are a few recipes out there. But they aren’t my recipe. So here’s what I did differently from my standard recipe:
- I cut back on the oil a little bit and added a half cup of pumpkin (after all, lots of recipes say you can use apple sauce or pumpkin in place of oil)
- I used a little less water, since I figured the pumpkin added moisture
- I added a little extra sugar
- I added a teaspoon of cinnamon and half a teaspoon of allspice, nutmeg and ginger
- I added a teaspoon of vanilla and a teaspoon of maple flavoring
Trackback from your site.